Imagine a bustling city of soft plush dolls who live, chat, have fun and sing together! Every child dreams of being there. Kelly Asbury, who created the 2019 animated film Uglydolls: Puppets with a Character, whose actors and release date is known, helped to realize a childhood dream; The trailer is also available for viewing - it carries an atmosphere of goodness and joy.
The world premiere is scheduled for May 3, and in Russia the cartoon will be released on August 22.
Producer: Kelly asbury
World Release: May 3, 2019
Release in Russia: August 22, 2019
Rosie voiced: Kelly Clarkson, Emma Roberts, Nick Jonas, Wanda Sykes, Janelle Monet, Pit Bull and others.
Cute and kind cartoon, designed for viewing with family and friends.
The story of the cartoon plunges us into the wonderful world of cute UglyDolls plush dolls. Each of the inhabitants of this world is a unique creature with its own character, hobby and interests. In the center of the story is the fidget Moxie and her friends, who decided to go to the other side of the mountain from their native Agleville to where the city of Perfection is located. Moxie is a curious and energetic doll, and her brother Oaks is a modest kind man who loves to cuddle. But he has one drawback - he likes to take other people's toys. The team also has the dog Moxie, nicknamed the Creepy Dog, the hard worker Wage, his brother Abima, as well as Wage's best friend - Babo. Together they meet Lou, who gathers new recruits to train in "excellence", and, ultimately, find the real child in the real world! In the end, all UglyDolls dolls must understand that being yourself is more important than being perfect.
Director and crew:
- The producers were Jane Hartwell (Shrek 2001, Seeder Kruds 2013) and Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk Till Dawn 1995, Four Rooms 1995, Sin City 2005);
- The director's chair was taken by Kelly Asbury, an American actor, director, screenwriter, nominee for the Cannes Film Festival Award and the Annie Award. Among his famous works, one can distinguish: “Spirit: the soul of the prairies” (2002), “Shrek 2” (2004), “Gnomeo and Juliet” (2011);
- The musical part was accompanied by the famous American composer Christopher Lennerz, whose works include the series “Supernatural” (since 2005), the film “Lemonade Mouth” (2011), the series “Agent Carter” (2015-2016), the series “Lost in Space” "(since 2018);
- Editing was done by Julie Rogers ("LEGO Ninjago Movie" 2017).
Actors and roles
The characters were voiced by famous professional actors and singers:
- Kelly Clarkson voiced the fidget to Moxie (Phineas and Ferb, Crazy, King of the Hill);
- Nick Jonas voiced Lou (The Jonas Brothers, Watch Out With Desires, Jumanji 2);
- Wage spoke in the voice of Wanda Sykes ("If the mother-in-law is a monster ...", "Horns and hooves");
- Babo voiced by Gabrielle Iglesias ("American Family");
- Moxie's dog was voiced by rapper Pitul;
- Blake Shelton gave the voice to Oks ("Perfect Voice 2", "The Absurd Six");
- Singer Charlie XCX voiced Kitty;
- Mandy voiced Janelle Monet ("Hidden Figures", "Moonlight").
What you need to know about the film
Some interesting facts about the cartoon:
- "Uglydolls "- a true American brand of toys;
- For the animation studio "Troublemaker Studios", the cartoon became a debut project;
- The musicians who voiced some of the characters also wrote music for the cartoon;
- Apart from the STX, Troublemaker Studios, and Original Force logos, there are no titles besides the title for this feature film;
- For the second time in his life, rapper Pitbull voiced someone; the first was the Epic project of 2013;
- UglyDolls dolls themselves were featured in some projects, in particular in the 2005 film Zatura: Space Travel.
The release date and actors of the voice-over of the animated film 2019 "Uglydolls: Dolls with Character" are already known, and his trailer can already be watched online to get to know the characters and plot a bit. This is a funny family musical in the comedy genre that you will like for your kindness and the promise to always be yourself. We hope that in 2020 the Robert Rodriguez company Troublemaker Studios will continue to make good family cartoons.