Fans of superhero films will see another adaptation of DC comics about The Dark Knight guarding Gotham from the underworld - the release date of the movie “Batman” is set not for 2020, but for 2021, the actors are unknown, the trailer will have to wait at least another year.
However, such a long period does not bother the fans - the rating of film expectations at KinoPoisk is 92%.
In the video: Ben Affleck comments on his departure from Batman.
Genre: fiction, action, drama, detective
Producer: Matt Reeves
World Premiere: June 25, 2021
Release in the Russian Federation: June 24, 2021
Cast: Robert Pattison
According to the creators, this project is the beginning of a restart of the entire Batman franchise.
The director does not disclose the plot details, however, we all know that billionaire Bruce Wayne, who lost his parents as a child, grows up and decides to end crime in Gotham, for which he puts on a Batman costume. Matt Reeves notes that several antagonists will appear in the film at once, and the project itself will be directed to the genre of the detective.
Excited for #TheBatman in Summer 2021 and to see @MattReevesLA vision come to life. //t.co/GNgyJroMIO
- Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) January 31, 2019
Director and shooting
The director's seat of the project in 2017 was taken by Matt Reeves (Planet of the Apes: Revolution, Felicity, Holy Watch, The Slaughter Department), who announced his intention to make “not just another retelling of Batman’s story,” but an unusual project. He spoke about the idea of noir Batman. Both Reeves and Ben Affleck worked on the script. Producers: Dylan Clark ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes", "Oblivion", "Bird Box"), Jeff Jones ("Young Justice League", "Flash", "Shazam!").
If someone forgot or missed some movies about The Dark Knight, here is a list of Batman movies in order:
- "Batman" - 1989, director - Tim Burton;
- "Batman Returns" - 1992, director - Tim Burton;
- "Batman Forever" - 1995, director - Joel Schumacher;
- "Batman and Robin" - 1997, director - Joel Schumacher;
"Batman" 1989, 1995 and 1997.
- Next is the popular and famous trilogy of Christopher Nolan - “Batman: The Beginning” - 2005, “The Dark Knight” - 2008 “The Dark Knight: Revival of the Legend” - 2012;
"Batman" in the trilogy of K. Nolan.
- And the franchise ends with the movie “Batman vs. Superman: At the Dawn of Justice” - 2016, directed by Zack Snyder.
We hope that this Batman filmography over the years will help to refresh your memory of the image of the famous character.
Since Ben Affleck, who played Batman in films such as Batman vs. Superman: At the Dawn of Justice, Justice League said goodbye to this role, and very touching, now many actors are claiming the place of the Dark Knight. Ben Affleck said that he "could not cope with the task of creating his own version of Batman," however, director Zack Snyder called him the best Batman in history.
Previously, the creators considered several candidates: Jack Raynor (Sing Street, Macbeth), Alexander Ludwig (Survivor, Hunger Games, Vikings), Jack O'Connell (Munich Tragedy, Unbroken) , Aaron Taylor-Jones (“The Illusionist”, “Doll”, “Under the Cover of the Night”) and Nicholas Holt (“Mad Max: The Road of Fury”, “The Lonely Man”, “The Warmth of Our Bodies”).
As a result, Robert Pattinson (The Devil Forever 2020, High Society, Twilight) will most likely be approved for the role of Batman.
On the role of Penguin, the casting's favorite is Andy Serkis (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Mowgli).
And for the role of Catwoman, the creators are looking for a "burning brunette."
Did you know that:
- Christian Bale said that he will only play Batman again if Christopher Nolan becomes the director of the motion picture. Nolan said that after “The Dark Knight: The Renaissance of a Legend” (2012), he will never again be the director of another superhero project;
- Initially, the film was supposed to be directed by Ben Affleck, but he resigned;
- Initially, Matt Reeves also did not take on the direction of the film because of disagreements on the contract. Fortunately, he was able to return. Ben Affleck showed how grateful he was when he posted on Twitter: "Welcome to Batcave, Matt Reeves."
@BenAffleck Thank you. #Batfleck #Batman pic.twitter.com/NpjJM4gGpb
- Paul Dawson (@ movie316) January 31, 2019
Will Matt Reeves succeed in restarting the franchise, on the day of the release date, postponed from 2020 to 2021, of the movie "Batman" with unknown actors and a trailer that will have to wait. Our viewers will be able to attend the premiere in theaters on June 24, 2021.